Oracle MOOC : PLSQL Fundamentals (2018) : Lesson 3: Using Composite Datatypes and Explicit Cursors
Welcome to the third week of PL/SQL Fundamentals MOOC.
In this week, you will learn to:
- Describe the attributes of PL/SQL composite datatypes.
- Define and declare a PL/SQL record.
- Insert a row in a table using a record defined with the %ROWTYPE attribute.
- Update a row in a table using a record variable.
- Describe PL/SQL collections and identify its types.
- Use Associative Arrays or INDEX BY tables.
- Implement Nested Tables and VARRAYs.
- Identify the need for explicit cursors.
- Distinguish between implicit and explicit cursors.
- Declare and control explicit cursors.
- Identify and implement the steps involved in using explicit cursors.
- Use cursor FOR loops to fetch rows from an explicit cursor.
- Understand and use the cursor attributes.
- Implement cursors with parameters.
We provide video instructions along with homework to guide you through Oracle PL/SQL concepts. Please watch each video carefully to ensure that you get the information you need to complete this lesson. For best results, we recommend that you watch the videos in the order in which they are listed. At the end of each lesson, don’t forget to take the quiz.
As you progress through the materials, you will notice that a green check mark is added next to each item that you complete. This helps you track your progress. Don’t hesitate to ask a question in the PL/SQL MOOC community if you hit a snag.
3-1: Getting Started With Lesson 03
3-2: Understanding PL/SQL Records
3-3: Understanding PL/SQL Collections
3-4: Working With Cursors
3-5: Exploring Explicit Cursors Further